Loosing color

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chinook
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chinook

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
179
Reaction score
21
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently switched from a 75 with 4x54 watt t5, my orange monti cap was doing great nice orange color, the acros didn't grow the fastest but most of them kept ok color. I move everything into my 120 gallon wich has 8x54watt fixture and my orange cap is turning a light pink, I just purchase a bright pink birdsnest and it's starting to lighten up alot aswell, same with my other 2 red acros, also my some of my greens aren't as vibrant. But my blues are good, as well as my purple and yellow is starting to come out in a couple I just purchased a bit ago.
Parameters
Salinity
1.026
CA 375
Kh 8.4
P04 0
NO3 0 .1
Mag 1300
K is 330 not sure if test kit is reliable with cross check with another kit soon
Might the color loss be from more light over them or starving?
I feed the fish twice a day(mysis,pellet food) every second day I put 1/2 cube DIY frozen food mix, every other night 3/4 tablespoon of Reef frenzy.
 
Also this is a new tank 3 months old, went through the Dino , cyano stage now have a bit of hair algea but it isn't growing much but the fact that I have it would meen my system isn't nutrient deficient correct?But my red planet is also turning more a pink color and under my other 4x54 was a more red.
 
Also this is a new tank 3 months old, went through the Dino , cyano stage now have a bit of hair algea but it isn't growing much but the fact that I have it would meen my system isn't nutrient deficient correct?But my red planet is also turning more a pink color and under my other 4x54 was a more red.
It's a new tank. It's not stable yet.
Turn the lights down a bit and feed.
Algae will grow with no detectable nutrients
Scrub and kill the alge now while it's weak btw. Blackout a couple days whatever. Kill it.
Then start feeding the corals IMO.
 
I'm viniger dosing currently aswell I'm gonna stop it all together for a bit .
 
It's a new tank. It's not stable yet.
Turn the lights down a bit and feed.
Algae will grow with no detectable nutrients
Scrub and kill the alge now while it's weak btw. Blackout a couple days whatever. Kill it.
Then start feeding the corals IMO.
Got some turbo snails and making short work out of it
 
Yup no more dosing , I have a ati 200 skimmer with a BB 5000 on it, thing is a beast way better than my Omega 150 I'm sure I can do without the dosing plus I got around 70 lbs of rock and 2L of matrix in a reactor.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new