Lost a hammer polyp overnight

joefishtank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2022
Messages
206
Reaction score
109
Location
Rosemead
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night my anemone got a little too close to my hammer and maybe stung it a little so I moved it. Today when i checked on it 100% polyp bailout. So now what? I already consider a loss, but what should I do with the detached polyp should I at least try to move it back on the skeleton or let it blow around my tank where ever it wants?
 
There's a good chance its a goner. You can try and pin it to a rock or something and it might survive. I have seen a couple survive on posts in the past. Someone used a clear plastic container with sand and a frag plug to nurse it back to health.
 
This rose gold hammer polyp is funny. It bailed out because it got stung by the anemone but I found it right next to the anemone like its trying to sting its foot for revenge.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new