Lost my clownfish!?!?!?!?!?!?

Beauman34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just cycled my first tank, a 29g bio cube and put a few snails(3) and hermits(2) and two very small clownfish. No bigger than a nickel each. Now two days later they are nowhere to be found!!! Not in the filtration not in the pump and I’ve moved everything around in the tank and can’t find it... any suggestions?

markfmvl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the lid on? We've had some fish jump and only find them after it is too late. Also the hermits could clean them up after they died. Also a numerous population of amphipods will clean up a dead fish in no time. Bummer!

OP
OP
B

Beauman34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lid was on and that’s all I can think is that they were eaten already I just didn’t know if two or three baby hermits could eat all that haha

OP
OP
B

Beauman34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I’ll have to check my water levels and get some bigger fish

tangyou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your overflow good. I had a clown go missing once, two days later I found her in the overflow swimming around lol. She slipped through an opening. She's done it twice since than and I know where to find her. I finally put something on the space to stop it from happening.

OP
OP
B

Beauman34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your overflow good. I had a clown go missing once, two days later I found her in the overflow swimming around lol. She slipped through an opening. She's done it twice since than and I know where to find her. I finally put something on the space to stop it from happening.

Yea they aren’t in there I checked and pulled everything out

Benga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He escaped to look for his son!

But real talk that bizarre I mean there's only so many places it could go. Hard to be eaten without some remnants i would think

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back