Lost my RBTA...

RacingTiger03

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
326
Reaction score
0
Location
Chattanooga, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, a couple days ago I noticed my RBTA was looking flat.. and I had lost a couple snails. I checked the salinity and it was 1.030!!! I slowly added FW to get it back down to 1.026.. I still don't know how it got that high, maybe salt creep from the skimmer got into the tank? This had jumped that high over a 24 hour period. So a no brainer why I lost my snails.. my coral banded also had a bad molt last week and is on his way out the door. This morning I wake up and my RBTA is gaping, and is sticking to the rock with less than 1/4" of its foot (very little considering fully opened it was almost a foot across:( ) I took it out this morning and put it in a QT setup.. but I seriously doubt it makes it and I don't want it to foul whats left of my tank :(. All this after losing all of my fish two months ago from move/tank upgrade gone bad... I'm seriously debating getting out of the hobby for awhile. Someone convince me otherwise!
 
Last edited:
this is definitely not the easiest hobby a person can have. we all have struggled with some issue or another. I definitely feel your pain. all that said i can only hope the enjoyment you can get from your tank is worth the troubles.

hang in there, & wish you luck in the future
Jim
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new