OP
OP
ernie309

ernie309

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank for all the welcomes everyone, it really does mean a great deal. R2R has been really helpful so far.

After losing nearly all my fish, I did a big water change to reduce toxicity in the water from all the fish food.

During this water change, I took the opportunity to re-do my rockwork as the previous layout was causing too many dead spots.

I'm now just trying to figure out the best powerhead placement. I have 2 MP40's, current 1 reefwave 45, but have a 2nd reefwave 45 to put in.

So thinking 2 MP40's on the back wall, then 2 reefwaves on the sides facing each other.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I have an 8x2x2 saltwater aquarium.

Recently I lost nearly all my fish due to an auto feeder falling in to my tank. I was devastated, but have joined R2R to enjoy the hobby and learn as much as I can from others

Hi @ernie309 and Welcome! Sorry for your earlier losses when feeder fell in. Glad you joined. Sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability - which is great for this hobby and wonderful life skill!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in London:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef it's good to see you didn't give up after the mishap
Photo_1663254698324.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back