Loving my Deltec 1500ix!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I really like this thing. Had an old TC1625 on my back up system since I set it up in the new shop about a year and a half ago now. I felt like I'd better try out one of the new models and see how they do. It's outperforming the old 1625 impressively. Granted, I think I had a, mismatched pump on that old guy, but pound for pound, the 1500ix has far out skimmed the old one. I have been shrugging off the manual heads a while now too. But I've done a 180 on that as well. I just give it a quick swipe in the morning and another at night, and that's enough to keep any buildup to a minimum. I saw an increase in steady skimate as a result as well.

The sump is just an 8"x2"x10" high tank. No chambers or baffles at all. In fact this tank was my old backup system in the basement. The water level in this sump is really low by design, (about 4.5 inches), and an external skimmer is ideal for that reason. The 1625 was actually the perfect skimmer for this system. The Deltec internals require at least 6 inches of depth to run properly. I had a small acrylic tank I had made years ago, about 10x14x7 high, that I am running the skimmer in, and feeding that tank with the line that went to the 1625. Also, the drain from one of the four raceway tanks emptied into this chamber. You can see this setup in the second pic. This maintains constant water level in that chamber as well, which is great because I am always shutting pumps off on that system for various reasons.

Ultimately, once again I am super happy with my new Deltec:) no surprise there.

Anyone else have any feedback on their i or ix skimmer? Very interested to hear.

The new I/IX Deltec skimmers are in stock and ready to ship at Battlecorals!

Here is my new 1500ix on roughly 300 gallons

IMG_0624_zpsisspqtqn.jpg

IMG_5650_zpsuxkigaud.jpg

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 600ix that I bought from you three or four months ago. Quiet, and pulls dark, dark skimate out like a champ. I also like the manual cleaning head.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 600ix that I bought from you three or four months ago. Quiet, and pulls dark, dark skimate out like a champ. I also like the manual cleaning head.

You have a manual cleaning head for your 600ix? Hmmm, I wonder if one of those would fit on my SCA 1351... Adam? :D

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You have a manual cleaning head for your 600ix? Hmmm, I wonder if one of those would fit on my SCA 1351... Adam? :D
Yes sir I have a bunch of manual heads in stock right now including one for the 1351. Let me know if you are interestd

awcoste

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the 1000ix for a few months now and am amazed at how much this thing pulls out. Thanks again Adam

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience after ~2months with the 1500 is super positive!

Virtually no break-in, tuning is foolproof (with water levels marked), thickest foam of tiny bubbles I've seen, and boy does this thing pull some nasty stuff out - I couldn't believe with virtually no bioload there'd be so much dark **** (running tank fish-less due to an ich outbreak). Hasn't overflowed once and the overflow protection works too.
Overall couldn’t be happier. Thanks Adam @Battlecorals for help picking, setup, and great customer service!

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aquabee pumps in these or something different?

I love the aquabee pumps.

Any Idea if Deltec will be using the new Aquabee Dc pumps?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Aquabee in my SCA 1351 (prior generation)... don’t know what these latest generation of Deltec skimmers use as far as pumps though.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Aquabee pumps in these or something different?

I love the aquabee pumps.

Any Idea if Deltec will be using the new Aquabee Dc pumps?

Hey Dave! Its actually a Deltec pump, but was designed around the aquabee block for sure. Wish I could tell you if they we're planning on using The Dc's but my instinct is telling me no. There were a trove of hiccups with the DC's for a while early on, but they seem to have ironed out a lot of technical wrinkles with them in the last few years now.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam.

For the 1000i is the dc pump electrical connection side easily removable for removing the skimmer for cleaning. I'm looking to replace my Nyos 160 since it has developed a nasty habit of not wanting to create enough vacuum at startup, which is a pain if I loose power or to use any feed timers. I was looking at the Regal 200sss but it looks like the 1000i would be a great alternative.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam.

For the 1000i is the dc pump electrical connection side easily removable for removing the skimmer for cleaning. I'm looking to replace my Nyos 160 since it has developed a nasty habit of not wanting to create enough vacuum at startup, which is a pain if I loose power or to use any feed timers. I was looking at the Regal 200sss but it looks like the 1000i would be a great alternative.

HI there,

Pump is super easy to remove, in fact the whole skimmer is refreshingly easy to completely disassemble.

I have no doubt at all that you would be happy with the Deltec. Please let me know if you have any other questions at all

Thanks a lot

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Battlecorals what skimmer would you recommend for a 450 gallon system ?

Hi there,

On 450, light to medium stocking I'd go with a 2060. For heavy to extra heavy stocking you might consider the 2560. I've got a couple fanboy vids of my 2560. Over on my you tube channel. Let me know if you'd like a link.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI there,

Pump is super easy to remove, in fact the whole skimmer is refreshingly easy to completely disassemble.

I have no doubt at all that you would be happy with the Deltec. Please let me know if you have any other questions at all

Thanks a lot

Sweet! Looks like I found my new skimmer.

Now I just got to find a distributor

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%

Back