Low Nitrate/High Phosphate

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have been dosing Nopox to lower nitrate, but my phosphate is rising. I tested nitrate 10ppm, phosphate 0.45. I use a skimmer and fuge with Chaeto. 289 total water volume and water changes weekly.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t feed as much! Lol. Dose some LaCI, you’ll get it down. ;)

With 289 gallons, GFO will kill your wallet. Lol

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lanthanum Chloride. If you wanna knock it down safely. For right now since you’re not familiar with it, buy some Phosphate RX. If you don’t have a Hanna ULR you need one. Test before and then after you dose the recommended amount. Dose in the neck of the skimmer or in a 10 micron felt sock (recommended) down in the sump. Then report back. Trust me on this...you will like the results.

OP
OP
WVReefJunkie

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Lanthanum Chloride. If you wanna knock it down safely. For right now since you’re not familiar with it, buy some Phosphate RX. If you don’t have a Hanna ULR you need one. Test before and then after you dose the recommended amount. Dose in the neck of the skimmer or in a 10 micron felt sock (recommended) down in the sump. Then report back. Trust me on this...you will like the results.
I purchased the Bluelife Phosphate Rx as recommended. I have been dosing for about a week. I dont have the phosphorus checker, but I have the phosphate Hanna checker. When I first dosed the product my phosphate was .75 and after it went to .25. I dosed 100 drops for 289 gallons water volume. I have reduced the amount of drops to around 30 -40 drops and my phosphate was .13 this morning. It does seem to be hanging around .10-.20 though, any idea to further lowering it? Thanks Brian

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the Bluelife Phosphate Rx as recommended. I have been dosing for about a week. I dont have the phosphorus checker, but I have the phosphate Hanna checker. When I first dosed the product my phosphate was .75 and after it went to .25. I dosed 100 drops for 289 gallons water volume. I have reduced the amount of drops to around 30 -40 drops and my phosphate was .13 this morning. It does seem to be hanging around .10-.20 though, any idea to further lowering it? Thanks Brian
Once you have gotten down to that level I have found it works best to run BRS HC GFO to bring it down lower.

Back