low potassium

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id' probably raise potassium 10 ppm per day until it gets where you want it.

Yes, to boost 75 gallons of water volume by 58 ppm, you'd dose 1 ml/gallon x 75 gallons x 58ppm/1.4 ppm = 3107 ml.

I'd spread that over a week.
Thank you!! Appreciate your patience with me too!

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley Since I normally go though a container of fresh top off water a week, could I just put all 3107 ml into my auto top off reservoir? To set up my doser to dose 20ml an hour for 22 hours a day would be pretty tough.

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to reopen a cold thread but I'm contemplating a similar method to raise my potassium level. Curious to know how it worked out in your ato and followup dosing. We have same tank volume and close numbers.

OP
OP
Bruce Burnett

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
once I got it up dosing it has stayed pretty close. Been a while since I checked. Will be checking it, I took my all in one bio pellets off line a few days ago, I think it was making my tank dirtier. I will be checking tomorrow

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
once I got it up dosing it has stayed pretty close. Been a while since I checked. Will be checking it, I took my all in one bio pellets off line a few days ago, I think it was making my tank dirtier. I will be checking tomorrow

How much are you dosing daily/weekly to maintain your current level?

OP
OP
Bruce Burnett

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are you dosing daily/weekly to maintain your current level?
I dose about 2 teaspoons of potassium chloride to 300 gallons every couple of days until it was normal, have not dosed since it was in normal range and it has not changed since then.

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose about 2 teaspoons of potassium chloride to 300 gallons every couple of days until it was normal, have not dosed since it was in normal range and it has not changed since then.

Thanks! Happy Holidays!

Zfishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, with that potassium that you linked to, can you give me a a recipe to mix up. My monticaps are always greying out now and from my Triton testing a few months ago, I know I suffer from low potassium. Also what kit would you recommend for me to get to test with as it seems I am going to have to test more often then I thought.
I know this is old but did your monti get its color back after dosing potassium? I'm going through the same thing and got my Triton results Potassium was 340. Thanks

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 63 42.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 71 47.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back