OP
OP
S

sal16cal1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazi and metroplex, if dosed correctly is essentially the same as General Cure, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Do you know if the fish was feeding at the store?

I'm not optimistic either - just no good diagnosis here, sorry.

Jay
Yup died this morning. I think I didn’t acclimate him properly the LFS has low salt in there water.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have to acclimate lions differently then other saltwater fish?

I would take the approach that every fish type might need a different acclimation process.

Some fish do not respond well to copper. Some do not respond well to hypo. Some need sand to sleep. Jay is really great with experiences about what needs what.

Some fish are natural pickers so might need the pumps off to find food on the bottom. Some fish don't know what a mysis is and need time to figure out that it is food.

For example, if I get in a new batch of fish that has a chevron tang, a few leopard wrasses, copperband butterfly and a crosshatch trigger, I am customizing my onboarding. The crosshatch eats out of the water column, so I might need to stand there and feed a tiny bit every 30 seconds for 5 minutes. The leopards will need sand but eat a variety of ways. The chevron is not good at first at eating out of the water column, so I would turn off my pumps, let some food settle and have the chevron pick as it likes. I would only use full-strength non-medicated seawater for the wrasses and copperband.

-vs-

If I just got in a Huma Trigger and Yellow Tang, then I could probably do whatever I wanted and it would not matter much.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 106 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back