Lower light sps?

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to add a couple more sticks to my tank but probably wont have much room towards the top of the tank. What are some good choices for sps that can be placed in the middle of the tank or that dont have to be directly under the halides? Im really not looking for caps or encrusting corals, I want some stuff to take up open water space.

Thanks.

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The obvious choice would be a deepwater acropora of some kind. I have a small frag down near my sand under T5's, and its coloration is nice and I have seen decent growth. Other than that, I am not sure.

I

inactive

View Badges
ATL shades of fall colors SO pimp in the lower parts of my tank.

kev2me

Zoaddiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also heard the ORA Red Planet does well, color-wise, near the bottom of certain tanks, so that might be a good one to try. We just moved ours down to the bottom the other day to see what happens.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also heard the ORA Red Planet does well, color-wise, near the bottom of certain tanks, so that might be a good one to try. We just moved ours down to the bottom the other day to see what happens.
+1 I have 2 frags in different parts of my tank, the one that is about 6 inches above the sand has the nice green base with pink tips. The one that is closer to the light is much more pink-red.

OP
OP
aerius007

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 with the red planet. I had mine higher up in the tank and it didnt have any green, now its down past the half way point and the green is coming out. I just wish it was growing faster.

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My red planet is pretty high up, and didn't show green until it started encrusting the rock. Now I have bright colors, including green.

ReeferBen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deepwater usually refers to an acro being smooth, no bumpy coralites and usually do not come from deep water. If you want something simple try some M. Digitatas.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%

Back