LPS and Anemone co-exist?

Shaun_in_Cali

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G'day Guys,

I'm relatively new to reefing, although this site has significantly helped my progress. My build thread is here: Shauns 120 Mixed Reef

So I have bought a bubble coral (daughters choice) and a Torch. I understand that LPS can not be the best neighbours. I have a few questions..

1. How well do different euphyllia interact (i.e. can they be in close proximity and survive). I have seen many stunning tanks where different torches, or hammers / torch / frogspawn seem close together, even touching...
2. Will Bubble and Torch fight each other. I have seen the Bubble's stingers out at night - look Nasty!
3. Can euphyllia and an Anemone co-exist in proximity together, or will they declare war and result in a single victor.
4. I don't have access to a PAR meter, and initially only had 2 Kessil A360WE. I now have three. From what I have seen on the BRS TV A360WE exposed 3x A360WE should have enough PAR for a 4' tank even low down - would I be better off building a "euphyllia island"? Mine are currently at about 18" depth off to one side (largely to keep them away from other inhabitants at present, it is a decent but steady flow area as well). You can actually see them on the photo on the bottom of the build thread link if required.

At the moment I have plenty of spare space - just looking to make sure I continue to position things as best I can.

Thanks for your help

cheers

Shaun

Last edited:

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard you could some people put the anemone first and let it settle then they place corals but theres no guarantee it wont move again I guess some people are successful and some are not . I wish I could have an anemone just scared lol

OP
OP
S

Shaun_in_Cali

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard you could some people put the anemone first and let it settle then they place corals but theres no guarantee it wont move again I guess some people are successful and some are not . I wish I could have an anemone just scared lol

Yeah I am keen to intro an Anemone, but also slightly reluctant because you do hear about accidents. I'd like to think there is a spot that one would be happy in my tank! I have been lucky (backed by lots of research though!!) to date as I think of the 8 corals that I have initially purchased 7 seem to be doing well. I would like a RBTA or similar to add some "red" to the tank.

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea if there's space try it. And luck up the fire goniopora those are red and nice

OP
OP
S

Shaun_in_Cali

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, so my long term goal will be SPS dominated, however I think to an extent the movement provided by LPS and anemone provide an attraction, particularly to people who are viewing a tank for the first time - I mean movement is always drawing to the human eye. So to build on that should I consider an "island" for the LPS? How do LPS interact together - do they reach a stalemate?

Aquatic Bobs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a big part of it is dependent upon flow and lighting as well.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back