LPS Coral ID

anonreefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
Singapore
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got what looks like some type of brain/favites coral that I snagged while fishing around 4-5 months ago and I was wondering if anyone knows what it is, it almost completely bleached out because I didn't have a chiller for 3/4 months, but after a month it seems to be recovering slowly ( still getting my phosphates down from 0.5 ), more polyps are back now, anyone know what it is?

Couldn't give up on it because it just looked so pretty, was thinking about tossing it back in the ocean but I decided to give it a chance and slowly recovering now, polyps returning slowly.

Screenshot 2025-10-30 at 3.02.13 PM.png
 
either Leptastrea or Favites pentagona
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new