LPS coral ID

sassyonmane

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2025
Messages
197
Reaction score
57
Location
Sydney NSW
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot 2026-06-12 at 11.04.46 PM.png

Some sort of cup coral or plate?
 
Looks like a hydnophora to me. Medium light and flow and it should be happy.
 
someone told me it has long sweepers? is that true
I dont remember that type of hydnophora having actual sweeper tentacles when I had but it could through some messenterial filaments a good distance to digest others corals and was pretty aggressive which is why I got rid of it down the road. Beautiful coral though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new