LPS frags not surviving...

Office_Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
4
Location
Sydney
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water Parameters
Alk 7.2kH
PH 7.9
Mg 1420
Ca 440
Phos 0.1
Nitrate 12

I have bought three LPS frags over the past month to see if I can get them going. LFS said they were hardy, but when I introduce them to the tank, after dipping they die quite quickly - after maybe 3 or 4 days. I'm obviously doing something wrong!

I have just started a 4-part red sea dosing program to get my levels higher and more stable.

Any tips? Thanks in advance.
 
can you say more about your dipping routine? your water parameters don’t seem that bad, surely not enough to kill your corals so quickly, which leads me to suspect that it’s something else
 
How old is the tank? And how are you making your salt water? i.e. Are you using RODI water and mixing it, or getting salt water from your local fish store?
 
I used Dipx and make sure I measure it out properly.

Should gradually add tank water to the bag that the coral is in and THEN do the DipX? I was wondering if the alk levels might have been a lot higher in the LFS and then got a bit of a shock when I added it to my tank.

I did the DipX first and then did the acclimation.
 
How old is the tank? And how are you making your salt water? i.e. Are you using RODI water and mixing it, or getting salt water from your local fish store?
Tanks is 12 months old now. I use RODI water for top ups and buy salt water from LFS which is collected sea water.
 
What are your lighting and flow please? Tank pictures will really help here, if you have pictures of the corals when you had them it will help too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new