LPS identification

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darkxness
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Darkxness

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
10
Reaction score
6
Location
Ireland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I got gifted this LPS at my LFS yesterday and would love to know what it's called so I can research some care for it!

It seems to be encrusting as the base is the same colour as the polyps(green). The polyps were completely retracted yesterday when I got it home.

Thanks in advance

photo_2024-01-29_14-42-18 (2).jpg photo_2024-01-29_14-42-18.jpg
 
Looks blue to me. Need to see the base more to properly identify. Gonipora maybe, but I need better light for a better guess.
 
Sorry, I've reduced the blue light for better pics.

I don't think it's Gonipora based on seeing them before
 

Attachments

  • photo_2024-01-29_14-52-44 (2).jpg
    photo_2024-01-29_14-52-44 (2).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 52
  • photo_2024-01-29_14-52-44.jpg
    photo_2024-01-29_14-52-44.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 83
Possibly a frag of Duncanopsammia peltata
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new