LPS Nano Reef ! Not new but getting a permanent makeover !

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Guys ! I’m a Houston Reefer starting my first year of college, excited to grow out my reef and see where it takes me ! I have a 20 gallon IM Nuvo 20 , with an AI Prime 16HD light ! My tank does not run a protein skimmer as I only have 2 clown inhabitants in my reef! I am a happy owner of two hammer corals who are getting situated in their new permanent aqua scape ! My tank was set up last December , and ever since running great. I am excited to get more corals soon, as Houston has a swap in less than 2 weeks. This will be my first ever swap ! I am looking to grow my tank out heavily on Euphyllia , however having a cool looking acan garden and zoa garden ! Last few months were tricky as my two hammers were consuming my alk like crazy. I have bought a doser pump which is currently not in use, however once I pack my reef with more corals will be ! Other than that we are on track to a great journey… I hope haha
BBA3C138-4C2A-4104-87F9-8A2AC30DE17F.png

504BB4C7-05CD-4004-89CD-CB36246E1DEE.png

these two pictures were of my reef a few weeks ago! These next two pictures are my current work progressions on the reef ! Hope you guys like the new scape! PS. , nitrates have hit rock bottom at 0, I am looking into dosing nitrate as my gold hammer has shown signs of distress, any ideas ?
8D73274D-D4D5-4B36-9D91-A34B747BAFBC.jpeg
AC61D299-24CB-4C66-AE23-9D10EBD8CDF9.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is a great tank/light combo and I like the aquascape! Good luck on your adventure - it looks like you are off to a solid start!

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a great tank/light combo and I like the aquascape! Good luck on your adventure - it looks like you are off to a solid start!
Thank you ! After months of trying different aqua scapes I found one that looks great, but most importantly allow me to mix different species without worrying about aggression! Those Arches and islands from what I’ve seen give scapes a great look and placement for corals

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering as well, does anyone have any familiarity with hammer / torch prices at frag swaps? I am curious to see the differences in prices between LFS and swaps. Sometimes prices on corals are outrageous ! Haha

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update as of 9/2/21 : my nitrates are now at 3 ppm. I have used Brightwell Neo Nitro to raise up my nitrates in 2 days ! So far my 2 hammers have shown tremendous love for the nitrates they didn’t get these past weeks! They still have a bit more to recover from their starvation but they’re already looking puffed up ! Next weekend I’m attending reef currents here in Houston , can’t wait to get my hands on a few bright hammers and torches, and perhaps a nem for my clownfish ! I am in the process of cementing my reef scape soon, will update you guys with pictures !

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back