LPS shrinking

  • Thread starter Thread starter mich2599
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2018
Messages
2,090
Reaction score
12,345
Location
ELDO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any lead ways as to why torches lose tissue around the edges? Are they starving? I’ve had both for over a year without issues. I also have a few hammers that seem to be doing the same thing. All parameters are WML.

Thanks in advance

23F63916-DBC9-4D3A-A8F1-D2722CEA64AD.jpeg 5D225FA3-173F-43CF-BAE4-2517A131DA2B.jpeg
 
Here are a few ideas: Have you changed salt brands? Has other corals around it grown to the point they may now be stinging it? Have you check for stray voltage from a powerhead? Is there a fish picking at it?
 
Here are a few ideas: Have you changed salt brands? Has other corals around it grown to the point they may now be stinging it? Have you check for stray voltage from a powerhead? Is there a fish picking at it?
Same salt, nothing picking at them, no other corals around, will check for voltage today. I just noticed it the other day and i used to have the same problem with frogspawns. They would just shrink overtime.
 
Do you have them in low to medium lighting and flow also how are your nitrates mine seam to thrive around 10 to 15 ppm
 
Here are a few ideas: Have you changed salt brands? Has other corals around it grown to the point they may now be stinging it? Have you check for stray voltage from a powerhead? Is there a fish picking at it?
Just tested voltage it is at around 40 with everything on.
 
See what happens if you do 20% water change every 2 days for a week. If they look like they are inflating more you've solved the problem.
 
I messed up my water after having so much success my torch went from this
20200502_161108.jpg


To this
20200730_162929.jpg

I messed up the nutrient balance by reducing the effectiveness of my macro algae. I have reversed the changes I made and now everything is on recovery.
 
I messed up my water after having so much success my torch went from this
20200502_161108.jpg


To this
20200730_162929.jpg

I messed up the nutrient balance by reducing the effectiveness of my macro algae. I have reversed the changes I made and now everything is on recovery.
What were the changes?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new