LTA help

  • Thread starter Thread starter PherPhace
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PherPhace

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Location
Seattle
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted a large anemone for may gold striped maroon pair. I got a long tentacle and they started hosting right away. It looked very happy for a week. Then the LTA suddenly deflated and stayed limp. Turns out I had a mystery nitrate spike. Still looking for the source.

I did a couple large water changes yesterday and the day before. It still isn't puffing up. There doesn't seem to be any sliming or tentacle loss. It moves when I squirt water at it so it's not dead. What can I do??? This a beautiful specimen and I'd hate to lose it.

Will moving it to a hospital tank be a good idea? I haven't checked to see if it's attached to the bottom.

Before:
(the disc is to keep the maroons from digging it up)
20160609_165306.jpg
Now:
20160614_170007.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new