LTA torn foot survival rate

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
14,814
Reaction score
21,425
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a 2" purple LTA from LiveAquaria on Thursday. It had a torn foot and visible white material, which are its innards from what I understand, coming out of it. Everything I've read says this is pretty much fatal. Well, he's in my tank and as of last night, seems to be doing well. I dug a hole for him and he is firmly attached to the glass and hasnt moved. He was hiding a good chunk of the day yesterday, but came out at dusk. I'm a bit confused that an LTA with a supposed fatal injury could be doing so well. Did I just get lucky? Should i expect him to take a turn for the worse? Any feedback is appreciated.
20190418_115218.jpg
20190418_175747.jpg
20190420_075326.jpg
 
Morning shot. 45 hrs in tank.
20190420_090758.jpg


Mouth shot
20190420_093927.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nope. Made it to about day 12, so at least I got my refund.
 
Why would LA allow any injured critter to be shipped? Obviously, money, but they apparently have a employee who has no clue about nems if they didn't see it had a serious injury.

Another reason I probably will never buy from them
 
Thanks. Im in a similar situation on an anemone I got today.

Unfortunately with LTA, even with a pinhole size prick on the foot can cause a bacterial infection and then it will die. Keep a watch on it. If your anemone starts to turn to mush or the water starts to stink, you know what is happening and it’s time to get it out of there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new