LTRs DIY Frag Table Build/Grow

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I'm posting up my DIY Frag table build and do/will appreciate any and all comments/concerns/criticism as long as it equates to a healthy and constructive build we can all grow from!
That being said about me and quick intro here. I've been growing things for some time. Been known to have a green thumb. In fact many peeps have been/are growing green things using my systems, best practices and methods pertaining to green things in hydroponics/horticulterally and such.
That being said. And first off..
It's been awhile (15 yrs) since I've had a saltwater aquarium or have grown anything in saltwater and im just barely getting back into it.
Grab some popcorn and pull up a seat I'm just getting started here...
A mini mock up of the build getting plans dialed in. I've only taken one picture. Probably should have taken more but im much further along and building my second set of tables now and more to come but here it is after long adooo...

Lol tear it up....

20200216_182901.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Real quick update from the last picture.
Tore it all down after leak cycle test.
Put 10ply tarp down
Cleaned up wiring under tanks.
Added 4 stage RO.
What you see is flinstone raw build mode-Going to post up and plumb RO in adjacent laundry room for proper flow and drainage. I'll be sure to get pix on all that.
Added 36 watt UV sterilizer.
Adding Chiller.
Added Magus 5 Curve Protien Skimmer.
Constructing 8 more tables until this room is full then starting on the next until my wife kicks me out and I have to rent warehouse space.
Head first lol...
If this was posted in wrong spot please move.

More to come on build and all the goodies I'm planning on putting in the system when it's up and running.

Stay Tuned

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well feels like I'm slacking but been putting all my extra time into this build. Everyday it's something new (And then some)
Still need to light proof, hang lights, panda film, get more tubs for the res/sump/rock, build more tables and repeat.
Cycle live rock, start farming moms and frags.
I've worked out alot of quirks like just playing it slow with water flow and return, muffling and putting it on stealth mode (For the wife). Can barely here a word and that's gold lol.
Getting my rock soon. I'll post pix going but with the Walt Smith Fiji to kick things off here and get water dialed and rock cultured.
I've decided this will be my quarantine table.
Need more cubic foot top and bottom.
Alot more to come but for now...
Thanks for tuning in.

20200225_202318.jpg 20200225_202257.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CPVC is yellowish color. PVC is either gray or white. You don't need CPVC (Its designed for hot water), but it will work fine if you have it as long as your solvent is rated for CPVC. Thanks
Hey thanks for the feed back. Im using aquarium solvent on all my bulkheads. I did use glue on pvc from return pump that's hanging on left side.

OnyxPerc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting build. Are you planning to use this strictly as a fragging station, or as grow-out holding tanks?

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting build. Are you planning to use this strictly as a fragging station, or as grow-out holding tanks?
This table I have above will be quarantine station for all incoming frags/future moms.
I have another 2 tables I have built that im setting up next to it.
Honestly thinking about going with heavy duty flood tables on the rest though. Less connections and potential leaks and more sq ft.

Back