Luke's 20 tall mixed reef

reid429 is probably thinking more flow to keep the nutrients in the water column longer giving the skimmer more time to pull it out before the algae can utilize it for growth...or I could be way off which has been known to happen :-)
 
reid429 is probably thinking more flow to keep the nutrients in the water column longer giving the skimmer more time to pull it out before the algae can utilize it for growth...or I could be way off which has been known to happen :-)
correct
 
But that's weird Luke because I know you run more flow than I do and I have enough algae to keep my snails and crabs fed..could very well be the frequency of water changes..but I am glad that it is getting under control..
 
Last edited:
Nice set up.

You & TW are making me feel like Im slack'n with no sump.

I'm glad you started up the hobby again. I did the exact same thing as you. Took a break for several years then started up a 20.

You can always DIY a 10 gallon and add it in. I like hiding away the heater, skimmer, etc.
 
I hear you on hiding all your gear.

Wish I could but my stand will not allow for a sump. I will be upgrading before the year is up anyways.

Again, dig'n the set up....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new