LumenBar Stand-alone mounting options

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please please please! Need a HOB mounting option for those of us who want to run these with Kessil pendants and other brands. Something that would allow us to mount 2 to 4 of them above the tank. I absolutely love the color of the UV but right now it is just sitting on top of the tank and gets very little spread. Mounting options would really increase the sell of these!

PanhandleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about HOB options, but I'm currently building a 80/20 light mount for my new build. I was trying to solve the same problem because I would like 4 Lumen Bars. I know the nuts on top of the bar are M3 so my plan is to mount a ball latch to the the top of lumen bar and connect it to the aluminum t-slot. It would be simple enough to the Kessil pendants to the 80/20. I will know if my plan works as soon as I make it to the hardware store and pick up M3 bolts.
The mounting HW I plan to try.

My backup plan is just use M3 T-nut with double threaded m3 bolt. The reason this is my backup is I would like to be able to angle the light and can accomplish this with the ball latch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
michealprater

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about HOB options, but I'm currently building a 80/20 light mount for my new build. I was trying to solve the same problem because I would like 4 Lumen Bars. I know the nuts on top of the bar are M3 so my plan is to mount a ball latch to the the top of lumen bar and connect it to the aluminum t-slot. It would be simple enough to the Kessil pendants to the 80/20. I will know if my plan works as soon as I make it to the hardware store and pick up M3 bolts.
The mounting HW I plan to try.

My backup plan is just use M3 T-nut with double threaded m3 bolt. The reason this is my backup is I would like to be able to angle the light and can accomplish this with the ball latch.
Sounds like it could work. But also sounds like a headache to configure it. What is 80/20?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're working on a wider variety of Back of tank mounts, I will include the ability to mount lumenbars in those as a standalone. Possibly in addition to the Photons but we need to be careful and test the weight capacity before we can do so. The current BOT mounts can fit a lumenbar- they are plastic so you can easily drill a thru hole for 3mm bolts. The current gen BOT mounts are designed to support the weight of the Photons only, it takes about 3-4 lumenbars to equal the weight of a Photon.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back