Lunar paly morph

dport53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had these for around a month or so. They have morphed into something pretty sweet. No difference in between the camera settings. First picture is taken under phoenix 14k the second is under PC actinic.

Before
P1270016.jpg

After
lunar013.jpg

ddr_phish

Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing the Darth Mauls next to them makes me think they had an influence on them. They definitely look like some sort of mix inbetween those two.

OP
OP
D

dport53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is actually a true Darth amongst the Lunars-you may be right. I won't complain if that is the case though lol.

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was reading an article by calfo, i believe, on zooanthellae, and he stated corals were able to spit them out, and take them back in. it is my belief, that if you were able to remove some from a coral, and place then into another coral, you could essentially morph your own

the question, is how? i've got some needles and syringes i brought home from work that i plan on removing some of the liquid from inside one, and maybe try to inject it into a button polyp. i know it can work, these are living things living symbiotically inside another living creature. does the creature really care what color the other creature is? however, there has to be more than that. what would cause rejection..... hmmm....

ddr_phish

Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was reading an article by calfo, i believe, on zooanthellae, and he stated corals were able to spit them out, and take them back in. it is my belief, that if you were able to remove some from a coral, and place then into another coral, you could essentially morph your own

the question, is how? i've got some needles and syringes i brought home from work that i plan on removing some of the liquid from inside one, and maybe try to inject it into a button polyp. i know it can work, these are living things living symbiotically inside another living creature. does the creature really care what color the other creature is? however, there has to be more than that. what would cause rejection..... hmmm....

Well all we can do is try out different methods and see. I'm very interested in trying this out. Time to get some diabetic syringes.

Salt Water Crazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

now you got me thinking palythoa grandis size everthing lol :bigsmile:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back