Maarten's 60G Dutch Cube

Maarten

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As promised in my introduction thread, time to take a look at my tank.

About 4 months ago it arrived, my custom build 25,6x25,6x25,6 inch cube. Good for a total volume of about 60g. After having a rsm 250 for two years I decided that I wanted a custom tank, build how I want it.

So off I went and ordered the cube. In order to use all the space in this relatively small tank I went for a non conventional overflow. In the Netherlands it's known as overflow 2.1. It's just two holes drilled in the back panel, one for the down pipe and one for up. Quite a simple system actually but saves a lot of space.

The sump I totally designed to fit the equipment I wanted. A vertex omega 130i and a Aqua medic DC Runner 3.0. I also made some space for a bit of extra live rock.

For lighting I chose an Orphek Atlantik v2.1. Which just fits on top of the tank but gives me all the control I wanted. For the flow I got two vortech mp 20's. Dosing system and ato is the pacific sun kore 5th and that's about it. Oh I do have an aqua medic temp controller.

The tank has only been running for 3 months now and is still maturing and growing. It's not where I want it yet but the start has been made. For corals we choose to keep only green ones. Why? Simply because we wanted to do something different.

Fish wise we have two premium snowflake anemone fish. A jack in the box, bicolor blennie, blue stripes blennies and that's it. Not that busy yet.

Enough talking. Time for some pics in chronological order.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417643575.086035.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417643690.523079.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417643729.826139.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417643859.787500.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417643875.956158.jpg

Will post more later. But this at least gives you guys an idea.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 47 42.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 52 46.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back