Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mack,
It looks good from here.

Is your reef adjusting good to your Kessil's?
I’m also having too adjust too the lights .. it’s a totaly different spectrum too the cbb’s, at the moment I’m having too adjust them manually, I get the spectral controller on Wednesday..the shimmer is amazing ..and it’s more natural light than the cbbs ..I think my BTA loves them .. tentacles have thickened up ... when I see what others run their kessils at , and trying to match the kessils to the remaining cbb , I have to wonder if I’ve been over doing it .. but I’ve only done my cbbs too please my eye .. but it was always blue heavy .. ive seen tanks with kessils where the corals really pop .. but I’ve not been able too achieve it yet on mine .. the controller will help with that and the 3rd kessil ..I’m was hoping these lights will take my tank too the next level ..(what ever that is) ..only time will tell .. it looks promising.. just hoped haven’t set my expectations a little too high ..!!

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using aquarimate to register all my params since I started reef keeping so 3 years or so ,had it on my iPhone cost 10 euros , tried to download it on my new phone , costs another 10 euros plus I lose all my previous data .....
Very disappointing, now started a new one on aquarium note , guess I'll have to make photos of the other one too keep on my new phone ...
Tank is looking a mess ,cyno outbreak and diatoms from new lights , can't get chemiclean as it is now banned in Europe because it has cancer causing ingredients, our European equivalent is called mycodisol made by Colombo, they had the same as chemiclean ,so they brought a new one out , my lfs advised me too use this , never again ....phos bottomed out , had a alk spike went from 8dkh to 9,3 dkh , corals did not like it . I've lost some zoas, and a chalice is doing bad ,some of my acros are stn ing and yes still got cyno .......
I've managed to get some of the original mycodisol from a friend , so will try that.
All in all not a good week for me and the tank ...

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using aquarimate to register all my params since I started reef keeping so 3 years or so ,had it on my iPhone cost 10 euros , tried to download it on my new phone , costs another 10 euros plus I lose all my previous data .....
Very disappointing, now started a new one on aquarium note , guess I'll have to make photos of the other one too keep on my new phone ...
Tank is looking a mess ,cyno outbreak and diatoms from new lights , can't get chemiclean as it is now banned in Europe because it has cancer causing ingredients, our European equivalent is called mycodisol made by Colombo, they had the same as chemiclean ,so they brought a new one out , my lfs advised me too use this , never again ....phos bottomed out , had a alk spike went from 8dkh to 9,3 dkh , corals did not like it . I've lost some zoas, and a chalice is doing bad ,some of my acros are stn ing and yes still got cyno .......
I've managed to get some of the original mycodisol from a friend , so will try that.
All in all not a good week for me and the tank ...

Hope it turns 'round quickly for you. :(

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few photos under blues
20181115_233509.jpeg
20181115_233609.jpeg
20181115_233554.jpeg

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mack,
Are you sps still having problems adjusting to your Kessil's?
Yes , although I feel like its stalling almost ...lost 3-4 pieces so far....third kessil comes next week ...having algea issues as well but only under the kessils ....tomorrow I'm going too alter them ...can't seem too get them dialed in yet ....finding it very frustrating...need too do a Triton test soon too ...see what's going on ....and I'm going too do a 50% water change in the next couple of weeks I think

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see in my last video, red algea on my sand bed under the kessils ...just taken a sample too my lfs .....and yes tank has dinos again ......now I was under the impression that dinos came when nutrients bottomed out ...well my nitrates have been about 50ppm for last 6months without change ...my po4 sits around 0.06-0.12 ....I'm at a bit of a loss now ....started peroxide dosing again today ...not sure what too do now ....third and final kessil comes tomorrow ....so will be swapping out the last CBB ....I really thought it would be an easy transition from CBB's too kessils ... i couldn't have been more wrong...I dont regret changing (yet) ....but its definitely getting me frustrated .....any advice would be appreciated at this point ......

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mack,
I'm stumped too. I figure that you have already checked the par on your new Kessil's
Their kinda dim looking and that can be deceiving. Sometimes too much simmer can effect things too.

Love your lobster eating in your latest video.

It may just be an adjustment period, but that does not help your frustration.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back