MACNA 2018

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2017
Messages
1,430
Reaction score
1,035
Location
Bloomington, IN
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys im planning to go to MACNA next year in vegas. I live in Indiana. I was trying to see what everyones opinion was for getting my coral home that I buy at MACNA.
Should I fly it with me in my luggage ( if that's even possible) or should I check it in (again if that's possible) or should I just pay to ship it ups and drop it off before I leave?
 
If they don’t have it there, I think you can go to Fedex/kinkos and ship it to yourself from there overnight.
 
I’d take a Yeti soft cooler and take it with me on the plane. Just check it.
 
So based on what I learned at the last MACNA in N’awlins, it’s probably best to ship it overnight to yourself if you can. The TSA rules allow it if you have their letter (I’ll try to find it). But keep in mind that there were several people that were refused at security and/or by airline staff, at their discretion. Those folks had to literally pitch their frags in the trash. I saw photos that were upsetting. Avoid that and ship. As easy as they say it will be, sometimes it’s not.
 
So here is the post with the TSA document

1DC59407-C592-4382-94BB-CCA38B8F45A9.jpeg

Here is an interesting post that showed TSA was reading it literally as far as applying to fish only

BC7A8A45-04C5-4B0E-A490-53C5B8422140.jpeg
Here are some successes I saw.

93146342-7525-4F0E-9508-FED2BFB88464.jpeg
550209A2-F20A-4610-B85C-D5EA1884A79B.jpeg
23A6F70A-903E-4878-98E1-FE15963D6617.jpeg

Here is one example of an airline that said no even though TSA let them in

FF2EAED6-9408-4EEC-92BC-342D6267974F.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new