Maco algae for future tang

  • Thread starter Thread starter NE reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NE reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2022
Messages
213
Reaction score
99
Location
Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R community,
In the near future I’m going to add a tang into my system. In advance of this I’ve been thinking about growing macro algae(s) in both my sump and DT. Is this a crazy idea? I plan feeding veggie flakes and nori as well. What types of algae can I grow that tangs will eat

Thanks
 
Hello R2R community,
In the near future I’m going to add a tang into my system. In advance of this I’ve been thinking about growing macro algae(s) in both my sump and DT. Is this a crazy idea? I plan feeding veggie flakes and nori as well. What types of algae can I grow that tangs will eat

Thanks
What kind of tang?

I'm growing Gracilaria to feed herbivores. Also a bunch of other ornamental macros they will likely enjoy, but I understand the fleshier gracilaria species are quite palatable. Halymenia (dragon's breath) as well.
 
Hello R2R community,
In the near future I’m going to add a tang into my system. In advance of this I’ve been thinking about growing macro algae(s) in both my sump and DT. Is this a crazy idea? I plan feeding veggie flakes and nori as well. What types of algae can I grow that tangs will eat

Thanks
https://www.live-plants.com/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new