Macro algae and seahorse

  • Thread starter Thread starter gman3009
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gman3009

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
herrin IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly working on setting up seahorse aquarium planning on having plenty of macro algae so what kind of lights would you recommend and I will be window shopping for seahorses while tank is cycling so if anyone knows a reputable place that can ship please let me know!
 
Macro algae doesn't need strong lighting. In fact I use an indoor plant light for my macro algae and it grows. With that said, cannot really make any suggestions for lights without knowing the tank size.
 
Macro algae doesn't need strong lighting. In fact I use an indoor plant light for my macro algae and it grows. With that said, cannot really make any suggestions for lights without knowing the tank size.
Tank size is 35gallon hexagon
 
I have an AI prime reef on my 35g cube macro display. It works pretty well. I got the reef version so i had the ability to use it for a reef tank in the future. I just have the settings high on white and red.
 
Slowly working on setting up seahorse aquarium planning on having plenty of macro algae so what kind of lights would you recommend and I will be window shopping for seahorses while tank is cycling so if anyone knows a reputable place that can ship please let me know!
I had seahorses for years. The healthiest seahorse tank I had was only for seahorses and pipefish. Both were captive bred from Ocean Rider or Seahorse Source. The tank was bare bottom but outside of the bottom was painted sand color. This was so I could see detritus easily so I could siphon it out. My last pony passed around 2020 and I decided to keep a less demanding reef after that.
20171129_170011.jpg
20171117_175534.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new