Macro algae

reefernc02

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2025
Messages
477
Reaction score
264
Location
Cherryville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a grow bulb with 55 par with blue green and red spectrums wondering if that level is suitable for any macro.
 
If the PAR is measured where the macroalgae are, then yes, it can grow macroalgae. More par may make many types grow faster.
 
If the PAR is measured where the macroalgae are, then yes, it can grow macroalgae. More par may make many types grow faster.
Thankyou it will be growing in a 10 gallon tank I have some hydra 32s I could run just looking to do a live food source for my tangs in the 220
 
Thankyou it will be growing in a 10 gallon tank I have some hydra 32s I could run just looking to do a live food source for my tangs in the 220

Sounds like a good plan. I like to do that too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new