Macro for fuge

  • Thread starter Thread starter BAMatter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2020
Messages
1,255
Reaction score
638
Location
Merrimack
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put my fuge back online after needing a PH boost. I added chaeto, sea lettuce, and some red ogo. The sea lettuce took off and seems to be the winner, and I’m wondering if a packed fuge with sea lettuce is good, worse, comparable to chaeto or red ogo? I can pull some out and let the chaeto and ogo establish a bit more, but also happy to let the sea lettuce take over if that’s a fine path forward… thoughts? TIA
 
Do you have fish that eat seaweed? Chaeto, not so much but Ogo & sea lettuce are readily eaten.
 
Do you have fish that eat seaweed? Chaeto, not so much but Ogo & sea lettuce are readily eaten.
Yes, a few tangs. I put some on a clip and they didn’t seem to like it that much and prefer the nori. But may need a bit more exposure to it?
 
Yes, a few tangs. I put some on a clip and they didn’t seem to like it that much and prefer the nori. But may need a bit more exposure to it?
I have not grown nori, so I can’t comment. However, Red Ogo/Tang Heaven Red/Gracilaria Parvispora grows well and is a favorite among herbivores.
 
I have not grown nori, so I can’t comment. However, Red Ogo/Tang Heaven Red/Gracilaria Parvispora grows well and is a favorite among herbivores.
Maybe I’ll just let the lettuce thrive and try to section off some ogo to feed the tangs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new