Macro shots from around the tank

idreaminblue

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2018
Messages
42
Reaction score
87
Location
Raleigh, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JF Homewrecker
DSCF2262.JPG

RRC Rainbow Splice
DSCF2748.JPG

TGC Cherry Bomb
DSCF2742.JPG

TSA Bill Murray
DSCF2297.JPG

Matt V Rainbow Envy
DSCF2294.JPG
 
What camera and lens?
I use a FujiFilm X-T30. I'm not too into photography, so my girlfriend lets me use her camera.
The lens is just the normal portrait lens that she was already using, 23mm. However I put a 10mm extension tube I got online for 20 dollars onto it, and it seems to take photos just as well as a 500$ macro lens. The only downside of the extension tube is that I need to get really really close to whatever I'm taking a picture of.
 
Sweet. I have to get one of those viewers so I can do this. It's impossible otherwise.

I really love this one.

1709182737499.jpeg
Thanks! It's one of my favorite as well.
I actually don't use a viewer or a top-down porthole. I just put a frag rack really close to the top of the water, and individually move whatever I want to photograph onto that rack. It's a bit of a hassle, but all my acros are growing on tiles so I can move them pretty easily.
 
Here’s a timelapse of the TSA Bill Murray. It started out at a 3/4 inch frag in October 2020. I got a little lax about keeping up to date towards the end. By far my fastest growing acro.
 
Thanks! It's one of my favorite as well.
I actually don't use a viewer or a top-down porthole. I just put a frag rack really close to the top of the water, and individually move whatever I want to photograph onto that rack. It's a bit of a hassle, but all my acros are growing on tiles so I can move them pretty easily.
My big colonies are on tiles. My small ones I just putty them to the rocks once I know they are in a good position.
I dont have a frag rack though. Not a lot of room for that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new