Madagascar Coral Croucher Feeding

erchins8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I had just bought a Coral Croucher a little over ~2 days ago and I'm wondering how to entice it to eat. Right now I feed them the Rod's Food Original Blend, I'm seeing a lot of different things about mysis/copepods/live ghost shrimp etc. She's only a little under an inch and I don't know if the ghost shrimp would be too big?
I have been target feeding and putting food around/near her "rock"-- I also shot some reef roids in her direction when I was feeding my torch/hammer.
I'm also worried about going too long without being able to feed... I won't be able to grab anything too soon and I really want to get her to eat. Any suggestions?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try some live black worms, targeting their area, maybe even some live brine shrimp. If the tank has pods that will get them by, you can also add pods. Given time they do take to target feeding. Target directly at them. they may even come right up to the end of the pipette and take the food directly out. They may like something that is a bit more minced size, I've had them take pe mysis, minced up shrimp, and silver fish right out of the end of a pipette with the end cut off, all well as black worms from the end of hemostats. Gently squirt a pile of food directly in front of them on the rock or area where they are perched.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back