Made a button scoly island this weekend

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,715
Reaction score
2,315
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was getting tired of them getting knocked around on the sand. Looking at natural pics online, it seems like they are normally nestled in rocks. I epoxied a couple Marco rock frags together to fit where I wanted them and made a button scoly rock. It will look way better once it’s not bone white, but I like the look, And my pitho crab can’t move them around anymore!

IMG_2376.jpeg
IMG_2377.jpeg
 
Where did those scolys come from?
 
Where did those scolys come from?
A few came from AquaSD and the rest came from local sellers here in the Dallas area. I love these little guys. They are micromussa pacifica, at least I think that’s where they have landed, at least for now 😆
 
Glad to know I’m not the only one who has fat scolys
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new