Magfloat hacks

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I'm more of a work smarter not harder guy. I have a 220 in wall tank that is 30" deep. As you can imagine it's not the easiest tank to keep the glass clean. Every few months I get a big build up of coralline around my seems and near the sand bed. While the best way I've found to clear the algae is to use a razor, I was wondering if there is a better way. I have a mag float that I use almost on a daily basis just doesn't cut it. Can it modified to attach a razor? Does their blade kit work good? Let's talk hacks.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen that coming. Its a struggle for me to pay the cost of one. I'd rather build something with things I have laying around.

You will spend more time and money trying to recreate something that is proven.:) Since I had moved on to the flipper I am much happier;).

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will spend more time and money trying to recreate something that is proven.:) Since I had moved on to the flipper I am much happier;).

Agreed. Not only that, but the slim profile of the flipper can't be beat! I own the nano and the mid sized one.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Not only that, but the slim profile of the flipper can't be beat! I own the nano and the mid sized one.

Same here, for me the out side handle could be a little more chunky for my big fingers:rolleyes:

Hilltop Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank in wall and I use a magfloat with the blade and I think it works pretty good! I've never had any issues with the blade. As long as you keep up with the coraline it should work fine.

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Magfloat with a Easy Blade glued to it. It is only used when I bust out the razor blade it uses. The rest of the time, I use a AlgaeFree Floating magnet for normal daily glass swipings.

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a magfloat with their blade attachment and I loved it. Some of the big spots of coralline algae were hard to remove but it took care of them with a bit of time.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back