Maggie's Mixed Reef Build V3, now a 75!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Spring bloom was 3 weeks early this year. These cold snaps aren't good for them but fingers crossed we get through the next week or so we should be good.
My wife wants to start keeping (?) bees but she was looking at those ones that don't have stingers and don't make any honey. I'm not sure I see the point since we haven't had a garden in probably 3 years...

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife wants to start keeping (?) bees but she was looking at those ones that don't have stingers and don't make any honey. I'm not sure I see the point since we haven't had a garden in probably 3 years...
there is no stinger, there is no point. That's the point.

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was scanning the tank last night with a flashlight, looking for my lawnmower blenny I haven't seen. Didn't find the fish but I did find a flippin' leopard polyclad flatworm encased on something. This morning I found my pistol shrimp outer shell. It dissolved all the fleshy bits from the body, just some claw meat was left. Jerk. That was one of my founding members from my first tank.

I couldn't get a picture last night of the crime in progress due to location and lighting.

IMG_20240328_092246092.jpg

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carpenter bees? I think Mason bees are another kind. Definitely not as fun.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mason. That's the ones!
They have a secret club. And unlike regular honey bees which are female, Masonic bees are only males. I hear they have weird handshakes (instead of dancing) to communicate, and they wear tiny little aprons.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They have a secret club. And unlike regular honey bees which are female, Masonic bees are only males. I hear they have weird handshakes (instead of dancing) to communicate, and they wear tiny little aprons.
So definitely get or definitely skip? Weird handshakes and secret clubs can be cool, but they can also be weird and creepy... Especially if tiny aprons are involved.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So definitely get or definitely skip? Weird handshakes and secret clubs can be cool, but they can also be weird and creepy... Especially if tiny aprons are involved.
is it secret club boarding cult? or just a regular secret club - that might be the deciding factor...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back