Magnesium dose clouded my tank?

jhaggerty1990

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2023
Messages
53
Reaction score
14
Location
Memphis
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed magnesium in my tank and pretty quickly clouded my whole tank. About 20min after dosing calc.
 
This sounds like a precipitation incident.

What are the levels of Alk,Ca, & Mg now?
 
It’s starting to clear up and I was gonna wait before I checked. It’s definitely precipitation. I just didn’t think it would cloud the entire tank.
 
Its clearing up after a few hours. About to test
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new