magnesium

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it necessary to have a dosing pump for magnesium i currently have a brand new dos that i want to set up for alk and cal dosing i was thinking of adding another for mag but not sure is it worth it or not

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it necessary to have a dosing pump for magnesium i currently have a brand new dos that i want to set up for alk and cal dosing i was thinking of adding another for mag but not sure is it worth it or not

No. It depletes very slowly.

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry should have been more accurate my reason for asking this question was i was thinking about the extra dos due to the fact that im thinking about getting the trident so i can i use it for the control dosing on my apex

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose both calcium and alkalinity. ALK with a doser. Calcium by hand because variations here seem to have less effect.

For magnesium, water changes keep it pretty stable in my system.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry should have been more accurate my reason for asking this question was i was thinking about the extra dos due to the fact that im thinking about getting the trident so i can i use it for the control dosing on my apex

Manual once a week or 2 weeks will certainly be fine. It is also fine to automate it based on alk or calcium dosing.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%

Back