Magnetic Optical Sensor for Kalkwasser bucket

  • Thread starter Thread starter melanarus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

melanarus

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2022
Messages
36
Reaction score
18
Location
New Hampshire
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Magnetic Optical Sensor from Neptune. I'd like to put it on the inside of a 5 gallon bucket full of Kalkwasser to monitor the water level in the bucket. Any issues with leaving the sensor in Kalk for prolonged period of time?
 
I don't think that there will be any issues as far as harming the sensor but I am sure that the Kalk will build up on the sensor necessitating frequent cleaning if you want the sensor to keep working. It would likely be better to use one of Neptune's level LLS pressure sensors. Pressure sensors generally work better when dirty than optical sensors.
 
Thanks. Also considering a wifi scale with alerts, so I can get notified when the weight of the bucket has gone down.
 
What I personally do is set the volume in my Kamore APP to slightly less than what is actually in the container. So If I have 5L in my container I simply tell the app I have 4,800ml and then I get alerted when the container is nearly empty. I don't think there is a way to get these alerts with a DOS which is a huge miss on the part of Neptune IMO. It is just software so it should be an easy add.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new