Magnifica question

Jdadams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 ritteri. One is happy, healthy and colored up nice. The other I just got a few days ago and is in a separate qt tank just to be sure it isn’t infected. it is Alittle on the paler side but still looks good, tight mouth and whole foot attached to rock and hasn’t moved at all and is fully open. Question is, how long would you go before deciding it’s not infected? 2 weeks, a month? I have cipro coming in a couple days but I don’t want to do it if I don’t have to.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 ritteri. One is happy, healthy and colored up nice. The other I just got a few days ago and is in a separate qt tank just to be sure it isn’t infected. it is Alittle on the paler side but still looks good, tight mouth and whole foot attached to rock and hasn’t moved at all and is fully open. Question is, how long would you go before deciding it’s not infected? 2 weeks, a month? I have cipro coming in a couple days but I don’t want to do it if I don’t have to.
Post some pics to help out.
@Eagle_Steve @F i s h y @Nemguy123

OP
OP
Jdadams

Jdadams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
21E1CD17-3714-4274-8698-BD1986E67691.jpeg
B6D348A0-2B41-46F5-92F1-A151FE38289D.jpeg

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They both look fine. I’m just wondering how long one would wait before adding them all together?
I’ll say, I had one for several weeks before it started showing signs of decline. It’s probably worth treating it even though it looks good. I currently have 3 that all went through cipro treatment a couple of months ago and one is making me nervous. It’s been deflating the last couple of days. I may pull it and treat it again in a day or two if it doesn’t start looking better.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 days is my recommendation. Should know in that time frame if treatment is required. Make sure as time gets near that water parameters are the same in qt as they are in display including nitrate and phosphates.
If the nem is wild caught fresh import then cipro for sure. If it's been in captivity a while monitor it and treat If needed.
Regarding the pale coloration gently raise light intensity over the 30 days to what your dt is.
I think it looks pretty good. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Jdadams

Jdadams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I’ll get back with updates over the next month. So far both stay inflated with closed mouths during the day and deflate a bit at night with mouth still closed up. Nothing worrying happening so far

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I concur that waiting at least a month is the best course of action. I've had magnifica that looked fine for the first few weeks, then suddenly take a turn for the worse in week 3.

OP
OP
Jdadams

Jdadams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little one week update. Both mags are doing fine. Had a few deflates throughout the week but nothing alarming. Believe they are both still acclimating.
CC55E356-6ED0-402F-8DC0-237ED691A835.jpeg
B3E41136-2597-4703-809E-7E6AA99F7AC4.jpeg

Back