User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meet Michael J Foxface.

c01630bb39672002be82b983db713015.jpg

Had her since December 7th, completed 7 weeks of QT and has been in 180 gallon DT for ~3 weeks.

I have a couple questions-

1) she is supposed to be a herbivore, but hasn’t touched any offerings of Nori or lettuce. Tried every couple days in DT and she just ignores it. She is, however, crazy for marine cuisine, mysis and spirulina gut loaded brine shrimp mixed with selcon and formula 1 pellets.

Is there anything I should be supplementing in place of the veggies?

2) she seems to flash her dorsal fins *a lot*. I think she even scares *herself* sometimes when she catches a reflection. Doesn’t flash them at the clowns or the Randall’s goby but whenever someone gets close (other than me- I deliver the tasty meat snacks so I’m good) she’ll do it. Doesn’t change colors or swim off, just sits there flicking her dorsal fin.

Normal at this point and expect it to become more infrequent as she calms down?

Water parameters are testing normal-
Ammonia zero
Nitrite zero
Nitrate 0-3ppm
Phosphate 0.05ppm
Temp 78oF
Salinity 1.023

Thanks!!

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your rocks look pretty clean. If they had some algae on them, you would see her feeding upon it. I always add some frozen seaweed cubes in with the fish "smoothie" I feed my fish.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your rocks look pretty clean. If they had some algae on them, you would see her feeding upon it. I always add some frozen seaweed cubes in with the fish "smoothie" I feed my fish.

There are smatterings of short green hair algae that she doesn’t touch. And she’s never touched any offered nori.

I’ll try mixing some crushed nori in with the meat smoothie. Was just curious if there any essential vitamins that the carnivore + selcon diet lacks that I could supplement

Thanks

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are smatterings of short green hair algae that she doesn’t touch. And she’s never touched any offered nori.

I’ll try mixing some crushed nori in with the meat smoothie. Was just curious if there any essential vitamins that the carnivore + selcon diet lacks that I could supplement

Thanks
Zoecon contains more essentials from sponges, etc. and is usually used to help fish suffering from HLLE. I alternate between Selcon and Zoecon to try to make up for the natural foods my fish are missing.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 67 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back