Majano Wand - does it really work as advertised ?!?

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So like most everyone here probably has dealt with aiptasias and tried everything to remove but failed. I am to the point where I ran out of options as it seems that everytime I use Aiptasia-X or F, kills them and just comes back. After doing some extensive research, I came across this option I never knew existed "The Majano Wand". It is not cheap, but honestly if this thing worked as advertised I would of paid double! I was so excited to get this piece of equipment and started to use as directed. At first it seemed that it worked, meaning that as soon as I used an the aiptasia it sunk into the rock - showing signs that it was dead. I was excited, but next day it came back with a vengeance :-( I mean is this thing just supposed to tick them off. I thought it was supposed to kill them.

Has anyone here successfully removed aiptasia using the majano wand?

My other important question is, can I remove the rock into a bucket with saltwater and scrub it until it looks like aiptasia is removed? the concern I have here is removing any beneficial bacteria.

Any suggested / comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MajanoWand.jpg

jnhphoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So like most everyone here probably has dealt with aiptasias and tried everything to remove but failed. I am to the point where I ran out of options as it seems that everytime I use Aiptasia-X or F, kills them and just comes back. After doing some extensive research, I came across this option I never knew existed "The Majano Wand". It is not cheap, but honestly if this thing worked as advertised I would of paid double! I was so excited to get this piece of equipment and started to use as directed. At first it seemed that it worked, meaning that as soon as I used an the aiptasia it sunk into the rock - showing signs that it was dead. I was excited, but next day it came back with a vengeance :-( I mean is this thing just supposed to tick them off. I thought it was supposed to kill them.

Has anyone here successfully removed aiptasia using the majano wand?

My other important question is, can I remove the rock into a bucket with saltwater and scrub it until it looks like aiptasia is removed? the concern I have here is removing any beneficial bacteria.

Any suggested / comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MajanoWand.jpg
Peppermint shrimp should work

OP
OP
A

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, I should have mentioned that this is my FOWLR tank - have softies and anenomes which my angels leave alone. Peppermint shrimp would be eaten by my triggers unfortunately.

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only bad thing about scrubbing the rock is if they leave a skin tag or a few cells behind they'll just come back.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I squirt boiling water in the hole they reteat till until they melt and pull the plunger back to suck out the melted contents.

OP
OP
A

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only bad thing about scrubbing the rock is if they leave a skin tag or a few cells behind they'll just come back.
Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking that maybe a possible drawback. I did read you can squirt Hydrogen Poroxide. However, I am concerned that it would kill beneficial bacteria.

OP
OP
A

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a berghia nudibranch. I hear good results from them.
I do know Nudibranches work great. I do have them in my 65 gal reef, but they a re expensive and will need to get a lot for my 210. I think that maybe my only options to be honest.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back