Majestic Angel

Wilsonbem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my Majestic Angel for about 5 weeks, first 3 weeks he ate anything then he got whitespot, A tank with 16 fish but he was the only one and during treatment he started to hide all day and will not eat anything. The whitespot has cleared up with no visible signs but for 2 weeks he hides all day and will not eat. He does come out when lights go off but not grazing or looking for food. Is it just a matter of time. Any advice please.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Try running at low-no whites and 15% blue for about a week
How is current breathing rate and swimming behavior?

OP
OP
W

Wilsonbem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try running at low-no whites and 15% blue for about a week
How is current breathing rate and swimming behavior?
Breathing normal, doesn't venture far, getting no aggro from others, tried nori and stuff that is attached to the glass suppose to be good for finicky eaters but not interested. He doesn't appear to be ill by appearance yet he was a good feeder before his whitespot episode. Watching him now and after being in his cave all day he appears as the lights are low and due to go off shortly. Perhaps I should reduce them for few days but I have a lot of Coral in at mo

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he is physically well then it’s the trauma of being caught , thrown into prison for treatment and then sent back to the little box we call aquarium. Great job on treating him. Now just try to minimize the interaction with the tank to ease the stress of reintegration.

try overfeeding in frequency with all sorts of different food to entice him to eat. Good luck ☺️

OP
OP
W

Wilsonbem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he is physically well then it’s the trauma of being caught , thrown into prison for treatment and then sent back to the little box we call aquarium. Great job on treating him. Now just try to minimize the interaction with the tank to ease the stress of reintegration.

try overfeeding in frequency with all sorts of different food to entice him to eat. Good luck ☺️
When he got whitespot he was treated in the DT with polyps lab medic which seems to work wonders. It cleared up the foxface who now seems to have a good degree of immunity as per the remainder inhabitants. The Maj Angel as also cleared up when he caught it 3 weeks later but struggling to return to normal post the whitespot. Perhaps he still is infected without showing visible signs. Will he rather starve to death than eat what is a varied feed.

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lack of appetite is a classic sign of being unwell, either from stress or from illness. We cannot control whether he will eat or not. But we can increase the likelihood of him doing that by tempting him will all sorts of different food. Each fish will have their own taste pallets. Brine is a good go to for general appetizing (although not highly nutritious) meal…. But my newly acquired clowns only eat pellets and just stare at the brine.

So try different type of food and see if he responds to any of them. Whatever extra you pay to buy all sorts of frozen or live food will be pale in comparison to the cost of replacing a regal angel (and that’s just from a financial perspective, not counting heartaches if loosing your pet) Watch your parameters and be prepared to do water changes to compensate.

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But from what you’re telling me is that it’s quite likely that you’re undertreating him and there’s still some illness remaining. Do you have pictures of those spots?

OP
OP
W

Wilsonbem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But from what you’re telling me is that it’s quite likely that you’re undertreating him and there’s still some illness remaining. Do you have pictures of those spots?
No, but quite sure it was ich but he looks perfect now just won't eat a thing. Hoping it's only a matter of time before he feeds.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Breathing normal, doesn't venture far, getting no aggro from others, tried nori and stuff that is attached to the glass suppose to be good for finicky eaters but not interested. He doesn't appear to be ill by appearance yet he was a good feeder before his whitespot episode. Watching him now and after being in his cave all day he appears as the lights are low and due to go off shortly. Perhaps I should reduce them for few days but I have a lot of Coral in at mo
The blues will support coralk. You can also run regular cycle but reduce the hours on the whites.
Spirulina brine shrimp and mysis shrimp should entice to eat.

OP
OP
W

Wilsonbem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly the M angel died today, although not been eating 10 days and looking ok, today white patches appeared on his face plus a white short stringy thing on one of his gills, shortly after he was too weak to swim past the wavemaker and was held to it until I switched it off then 10 mins later he sank to the bottom laying on his side. Shoukd I give the tank a dose of antibacterial treatment as a precaution

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about that. If it were me I would just stay the course but be much more vigilant in observing the fish for the next two weeks. First rule in medicine: do no harm. Blanket treatment for a problem we don’t know can bring bad consequences of its own. Everything has a side effect.

Back