Major Tank Bullying

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got a taste of the clownfish terrors. I added a flasher wrasse to the tank to find it today bruised on its side and breathing extremely heavily. I have since relocated it to my seahorse tank (currently no seahorses so it’s the only one in there). I hope it can calm down and recover in there. Then my mandarin has a piece of its pelvic fin missing which it was completely white yesterday which I thought was just the mucus coating, but now it looks like a bite was taken out. Is there anything I can do for these poor guys to help them heal?

My plan is to set back up my Fluval 13.5 and relocate the clowns to their own tank, move the mandarin in with the seahorses, and then the flasher wrasse can go back in the DT with the dottyback and Midas blenny and hopefully peace will be restored.

Here’s the wrasse after I relocated him:

IMG_7930.jpeg
IMG_7929.jpeg

And here’s the mandarins fin:

IMG_7927.jpeg
IMG_7926.jpeg

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What species of clown? How bug is your DT? Perhaps they are spawning which leads to higher aggression.

Badblackdog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with two maroon clown fish and I had no idea how aggressive and hostile they can be. The large female would not let me puts frags on my rock scape. Every time I tried to place a frag, she would head butt it and knock it off. She also kept the male in check and all the other fish hid in the rocks. I had to pull them out and bring them back to the my LFS. Clowns are jerks, never again.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with two maroon clown fish and I had no idea how aggressive and hostile they can be. The large female would not let me puts frags on my rock scape. Every time I tried to place a frag, she would head butt it and knock it off. She also kept the male in check and all the other fish hid in the rocks. I had to pull them out and bring them back to the my LFS. Clowns are jerks, never again.
Well certain species such as Marion's are very aggressive and hard to manage with other fish in a DT. The LFS should have told you this too.

OP
OP
_cpate3_

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What species of clown? How bug is your DT? Perhaps they are spawning which leads to higher aggression.
Captive bred ocellaris got as babies, have been with the same fish for about a year now, attacked and killed my cleaner shrimp one day, and now the new addition, and possibly my mandarin. It’s a 30gallon long so 3ft. I have seen the male cleaning rocks and I got them an anemone but they have not spawned yet

OP
OP
_cpate3_

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were model citizens for so long, then about a month ago snapped

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back