Make sure to check your socks

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so angry at myself. One of my dart fish disappeared. I called myself looking everywhere for him to no avail. A month passes and I figure he is long gone and am no longer keeping an eye out for him.

I always meticulously check my socks when changing them out and get every little living creature I can find and put it back in the tank (except for bristle worms). However, this last time I decided to stop being so OCD about it and just took them out and put them directly into my bleach mixture.

Well, after running the socks through the washer I found the little fella inside one of the socks. He hadn't been dead long so I am convinced he was alive when I put the socks in the bleach. I think I murdered him and I feel awful about it.

Please, always check your socks well as soon as you take them out of the sump. This is one OCD behavior I will continue. :frusty:

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear! as soon as i replace a sock, the first thing i do is turn it inside out just for that reason to see if any critters are in there

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always done that too CKI...except for this one time and see what happens? Never again.

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a sock in the sink and rinsed the outside with HOT water, turned it inside out and saw a black slimy blob. Oh no, it was my Lettuce. I quickly put it back in the tank and it lived!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear but thanks for the reminder. :(

AquaAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened to me and a pistol shrimp. So sad. His goby was so sad, he died not long after (probably not literally, but who knows).

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back