Man I screwed up here

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased an Mp10 to run with my Neptune and for some reason I thought I had a WXM but in fact it was a VDM. I notice the VDM does not work with my MP10. Now what I see they discontinued the WXM module. I guess I can utilize Mobius once I get the rf chip but I would rather have on Fusion. The WXM modules can be had used but I’m sure they are few and far between. Also I signed up for the Mobius app and I have not received amd email to confirm my account. What gives? As of right now I’m stuck just using the controller

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When was the MP10 built? If it was anything after December 2018 you don't need a chip for Mobius as it is already installed in your controller.

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that’s good so if I do ever find a wxm I don’t have to downgrade firmware do I even need chip if I get wxm?

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased an Mp10 to run with my Neptune and for some reason I thought I had a WXM but in fact it was a VDM. I notice the VDM does not work with my MP10. Now what I see they discontinued the WXM module. I guess I can utilize Mobius once I get the rf chip but I would rather have on Fusion. The WXM modules can be had used but I’m sure they are few and far between. Also I signed up for the Mobius app and I have not received amd email to confirm my account. What gives? As of right now I’m stuck just using the controller
Did you try EBay for a WXM or even on here for one

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m looking. Found an older one on eBay for 100.00. I just want to make sure before I buy that I don’t need anything else to make it work.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the newer MP10 you will have to downgrade the firmware to work with the WXM. Other then that, nothing else is needed.

If you want to use mobius instead, you just need to sign up, and hook up the pump. The RF chip will work either way, as long as mobius can find the pump, you have toe correct chip for it.

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok my pump was manufactured (8-18) so I assume it was not Mobius ready. I would much rather control using Fusion. So then all I need is the WXM and that will link with the pump eventhough I don’t have the rf chip?

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On box it says wireless capable. So I assume no Mobius chip but that’s fine if I don’t need for apex.

image.jpg

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All you need is the WXM with that model to use with fusion.

That has an RF chip in it to make it wireless. If it's the mobius chip or not is beyond me, you would have to try it with mobius to find out.

Since you want to use it with apex fusion, I would just wait for the WXM, and not try to upgrade the firmware.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said you found one on ebay for $100, but it was old. Heres a brand new one for $124.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back