Managing phyto usage

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquaph8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2011
Messages
8,919
Reaction score
384
Location
Tucson, AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious how home breeders go about this. When you start to use a bottle do you use a little and throw it back up in your culture station? Just looking for a nice routine of usage and replenishment, if that makes sense. Thanks
 
i got tired of a million and one bottles bubbling. i use the instant stuff from reeds. it takes up less space and now you can get combo strains. a little more costly but a lot less time consuming
 
Hmmmm, yeah thats where Im at too. I think im gonna have to give that a try. Any tips on its use?
 
I keep 2 five gallon buckets going

I draw 6 cc into a syringe and place into bucket, draw syringe to 30 cc and then add 15 cc of the diluted phyto to each bucket. Real simple.

When I get it from reeds I also split it into 80 cc bottles so that I only have a small amount if I forget it outside of the fridge or something.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new