Mandarin goby ready?

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tanks 8mnths old now. Thru the months I've added about 4 bottles of various copepods. I don't notice them during the day but at night with a flashlite I can see them running on the sand, rock and glass. Lots. Do you think I've established a good enough population to put in one Mandarin and keep it happy? I also feed pellet and frozen varieties.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any other fish that consume pods? I would say based on your observations you are ok to try one but keep in mind you will still be adding at least 2 jars a month most likely because they eat them by the thousands every few days.

Do you have a lot of rock scape?

OP
OP
Rabidbeast666

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Your right. I have a red scooter blenny that may be consuming them as well. And I don't want the extra expense of adding every couple months. Thanks for talking me off the ledge.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Your right. I have a red scooter blenny that may be consuming them as well. And I don't want the extra expense of adding every couple months. Thanks for talking me off the ledge.
Very large tanks can manage 2 but my 80g is only capable of 1. I add a pod jar every week to but he does nibble other foods now as well but mostly pods.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an orange spot watchman instead.
Very nice hardy fish. Consider getting a pistol shrimp to go with it. A small tiger pistol shrimp would be a good choice. They will dig a lot in the sand. Without a pistol they can be jumpers

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back