OP
OP
M

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!! Mind sharing some details?
Thanks! Details...
225 gallon glass tank, 72x30x24, 100 gallon used acrylic tank for sump, diy dollar tree basket with egg crate to hold filter floss /carbon sitting on top of 3 8x8x4 marine pure bricks, very old model decent size aqua euro skimmer with sedra 5000 sitting on top of 2 8x8x1 marine pure bricks, bubble magus bp130 bio pellet reactor which is manifolded to my jebao dct12000 return, led bar in a rain gutter for lighting and 2 jebao wp60s for in tank flow. A little bit over 200 pounds of live rock and about 250 pounds of crush coral and sand mix. Setup has been running for about 2 years. Current inhabitants have been in there from 2 months to 2 years. Most inhabitants are newer residents as most of the fish I started with I sold or gave away as they got larger. Sad to say but I also lost a few scaled friends.
Very beautiful!
Thank you![emoji16]

Maximizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it!! I have a special place for FOWLRs and predatory fish. Is this the only tank you have?

OP
OP
M

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it!! I have a special place for FOWLRs and predatory fish. Is this the only tank you have?
Thank you! I love my fowlr, if finances permit I'd go a tad bit larger, probably 375. I also have a 28 gallon reef tank which I started in November only because I keep seeing g so many nice pictures and videos of other people's tanks I just couldn't resist. I literally just upgraded last night. here's a video of how the nano last looked before I took it down. Upgraded to a 55. Fish didn't look too well in the 28 so I decided to remove all the fish during the transfer and go fallow.
ad74d80882486aa6694d654d5f70d7d6.jpg
here's the 55 earlier today before lights on... not much to see though... yet hee hee.

Maximizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks good. Who made the big fowlr tank and how many fish are in it? I'm hoping to set up a big fowlr soon lol

OP
OP
M

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks good. Who made the big fowlr tank and how many fish are in it? I'm hoping to set up a big fowlr soon lol
Thank you[emoji5]. I actually bought the tank second hand off of craigslist so not sure. If you really do want to know I can ask the person who sold it to me no big deal. Good luck with the fowlr. I think the biggest issue with fowlr tanks is compatibility. Once fish get established it's a bit hard adding more. When I add more fish i always have to do it in groups of at least 3 or 4 fish unless it's a total odd ball fish nobody would probably mess with but even then aghhh... lol

Maximizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you[emoji5]. I actually bought the tank second hand off of craigslist so not sure. If you really do want to know I can ask the person who sold it to me no big deal. Good luck with the fowlr. I think the biggest issue with fowlr tanks is compatibility. Once fish get established it's a bit hard adding more. When I add more fish i always have to do it in groups of at least 3 or 4 fish unless it's a total odd ball fish nobody would probably mess with but even then aghhh... lol
Just another reason to buy more fish lol

OP
OP
M

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too bad actually. Two to 3 times a week I empty out my skimmer cup, once a month (I know I should do less more often but time and laziness lol) about 70 gallon water change. Water change I basically empty out the sump and pull out any detritus with a pump. Replace carbon and filter floss when I do my water change (I know should be done more often but I get so lazy lol). Every other week add about 20 gallons of rodi (been meaning to set up an ato but been lazy) ... dang... I'm pretty lazy, so lazy I end up working harder lol.

OP
OP
M

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dcdc6e759be1c40c304b0429ca877905.jpg

This is me passing by the tank and them thinking I'm going to feed them lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful!
Thank you! [emoji16]
And for forgot to answer about the fish here's a break down:
achilles tang, achilles hybrid, powder blue tang, eibli mimic tang, white tail cole tang, personifer angel, scribble angel, flag fin angel, blue ring angel, emeperor angel, cream angel, japanese swallow tail angel, bellus angel, flame back angel, blue face angel, baby clown trigger, 3x red tail triggers, female blue star leopard wrasse, transitioning male ornate leopard wrasse, dusky wrasse, c pylei wrasse, checkboard wrasse, red coris wrasse, yellow coris wrasse, cleaner wrasse, blue line flasher wrasse, harlequin tusk, parrot fish, neon goby, dragon goby, white tail dotyback, neon dotyback, flame hawk fish, bicolor blenny, lawnmower blenny, stary blenny, 4x electric blue damsels, heneochus butterfly and a lightning maroon clown.... so 45 fish[emoji51] [emoji7]

Maximizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! [emoji16]

And for forgot to answer about the fish here's a break down:
achilles tang, achilles hybrid, powder blue tang, eibli mimic tang, white tail cole tang, personifer angel, scribble angel, flag fin angel, blue ring angel, emeperor angel, cream angel, japanese swallow tail angel, bellus angel, flame back angel, blue face angel, baby clown trigger, 3x red tail triggers, female blue star leopard wrasse, transitioning male ornate leopard wrasse, dusky wrasse, c pylei wrasse, checkboard wrasse, red coris wrasse, yellow coris wrasse, cleaner wrasse, blue line flasher wrasse, harlequin tusk, parrot fish, neon goby, dragon goby, white tail dotyback, neon dotyback, flame hawk fish, bicolor blenny, lawnmower blenny, stary blenny, 4x electric blue damsels, heneochus butterfly and a lightning maroon clown.... so 45 fish[emoji51] [emoji7]
That is a pretty healthy population of fish lol I love it

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back