Mantis ID

Acilliron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just got this mantis from my LFS, and they didn't know what species it is. The body is olive green, and I didn't notice any intersegmental stripes, but I'll get a better picture of the body when he comes out of his den. Orange meral spot, and his uropods are similar in color to the antennal scales in the pic. Anybody know what species he is? Im thinking G Glabrous, but Im not sure. Thanks in advance!

Snapchat-158235723.jpg

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like a peacock mantis hard to tell in the shadow, why not stick a finger in there to see if he pops out? JK

OP
OP
Acilliron

Acilliron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like a peacock mantis hard to tell in the shadow, why not stick a finger in there to see if he pops out? JK
I thought peacocks had blue meral spots, but he also doesnt have the typical patterning. Ill try and see if he'll take food now that he's been in the tank a day, and if he comes out Ill grab a pic

OP
OP
Acilliron

Acilliron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just got this mantis from my LFS, and they didn't know what species it is. The body is olive green, and I didn't notice any intersegmental stripes, but I'll get a better picture of the body when he comes out of his den. Orange meral spot, and his uropods are similar in color to the antennal scales in the pic. Anybody know what species he is? Im thinking G Glabrous, but Im not sure. Thanks in advance!

Snapchat-158235723.jpg
Couldn't get a picture cause he ran off to his hole almost instantly, but I saw the red stripes on his back. Almost positive this is a G Ternatensis now.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back