Mantis Shrimp & Anemone question

moldos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to keep a peacock mantis with a bubble tip anemone? like safe for both of them etc
anyone got advice or thoughts about it?

OP
OP
moldos

moldos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you don’t mind him taking it and possibly using it to cover his burrow
is that a serious concern? id assume the mantis would prefer something that isnt basically just a sack of water. and theres bound to be easier things to get than an anemone off a rock

Stomatopods17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Rainbow BTA with mine rn.

I will say its tricky to feed the anemone without her robbing food from it, and that I got lucky the anemone liked the spot I placed it.

It is a legitimate concern the nem will make home in or around the burrow, the sting cells are brutal for a molting mantis and the mantis's activity will like kill the anemone (mainly them moving rubble over them all the time). I don't think they would ever try grabbing the nem, they're not loose enough once attached and they seem to do a really good job avoiding making physical contact with them.

bubble tips are less likely to move around so if you can get it to stay away from the burrow entrances you'll be fine, if you see it start moving, try to stop it from entering in or get rid of it if it keeps trying.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back